• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Concussion and a Hallucination

MehPsiAh

Greenlighter
Hey all.

First things first, yes, I'm going to see a doctor, my stubborn-ess can only hold out through so much :p

To the point;

Last weekend whilst at a party where nitrous oxide was plentiful, I made a typical bold statement whilst standing up before inhaling along the lines of -

"I think I'm going to pass out this time"
(I give myself some very good advice, but I very seldom follow it)

Needless to say, inhaled, then woke up what I hear was about 40 seconds later horizontal on a rock hard floor with a throbbing head.

So I think, basically, it was a concussion.

An hour or so later, whilst at the local resupplying the party with stock, I noted to my companion that a large portion of my left field of vision (I *think* it was left, and I *think* it was the portion of my vision which is seeable by both eyes in the left field, if that makes sense to any of you [the stereoscopic view area that overlaps with the field of view when only the left eye is open]). Anyway, I can't specifically remember which portion it was... but I digress - about 40% of my vision, largely on the left, was doing that rapid warp/distortion in out of focus/distance like what you get when you stare at one of those rotating spirals, and then at your hand (sort of similar to LSD or psybocilin visual distortion).

We concluded that it was probably concussion related, and that I'd take it a little easier once back at the party; which I *sort* of did. But other than passing out a few times (seated) due to asphyxiation (probably would have happened with or without concussion, hard to know), there were no other side affects that night.

So here's were it gets interesting for me. Last night I was on DXM, LSD and nitrous with a friend. Immediately after dosing with nitrous (not the first hit, maybe the 30th inhale that night over the previous few hours), about 30 minutes after taking the LSD, and about 3 hours after taking 1/2 bottle of DXM I got myself what I can only describe as a very powerful hallucination.

I was looking at my friend (we were both seated in a car, I was in the drivers seat, but with no intention to drive) when suddently the right hand side of my friend, and their seat, and objects around them started 'disolving' away into the ground, leaving an earie "hollow face" style left half. I must have rotated my head towards the stearing wheel, but everything happened fast as I was a little pannicked. I glanced at my hands and the right one started disolving away downwards into small flaky squares, about a tab size. As did the steering wheel disolve.

In a rapid series of conclusion drawing, at the time my brain concluded that I must have somehow lost track of time, and had stupidly started driving, and had had an accident, and had just mutilated large parts of the car and my friend, and that this was my acid 'punishment' for driving...

So I glanced back to my half dissolved friend, and saw a look of terror on their face as they were staring at me, after which I quickly realised that their look of terror was actually in response to MY face's look of terror, i noticed my jaw was dropped wide, and face gaunt. I snapped back to 'normal', their disolved half 'snapped' back onto their body and I attempted to explain and console myself and myfriend about the strange 3 or so seconds.

Anyway... it's 12 hours later, almost everything has worn off, and I'm posting this cos I would like at least other people's opinions on bringing this hallucination up with my doctor when I see him about my concussion from the other week.

Normally I wouldn't mention it, it's just a theory (probably acid emphasised), but the loss of half of 'objects' would correlate nicely with brain damage? Just a theory. But I'm not sure how I would approach the topic with my doctor. Do you think he would take it seriously? Should I just tell him about the blurred vision and forget the trip (which due to my state, is extremely possible to just have been substance related)?

Also, my friend the other night noticed that after a suitably large 'nang' I had a minor seizure, for about 30 seconds or so; which AFAIK has never happened to me before, I have no history of them, and am terrified of bringing THAT up with my doctor...

Not sure if I'll bring it up the trip with him, hope I balls up to telling him about the seizure, but I should be seeing him tomorrow anyway.

Wish me luck!